The Details: What to Wear
Science tells us first impressions are hard to shake; people quickly (and for good or bad) form their opinion of you in seconds based upon your appearance, demeanor, body language, neatness of dress and non-verbal mannerisms. Often, dress can influence your attitudes and behaviors, setting a tone for you and those around you.
The Lead365 National Conference encourages business attire and reminds you: Business attire doesn’t have to be painful and you don’t need to go out and buy a new wardrobe (sorry). Be neat and comfortable. Flat shoes are fine and make it easier to put your toes in the pool!
The Details: How to Prepare
- A Bag or backpack. SWAG is given away at every conference, or you might want to venture out, so a smaller carrying bag is helpful.
- A Backup Battery. We all know that undeniably horrific feeling when your phone is on the verge of dying. What do we say to a dead battery? Not today.
- Pens & Pencils. You never know when you’re going to need to write down notes or a great quote!
- Notepad. What good are pens and paper alone? Pens and paper go together like peanut butter and jelly.
- Water Bottle. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Hydration is key to keeping up your energy!
- Snacks. It’s always hard to concentrate when you’re hungry, especially when you get hangry. Stave off hunger and anger at the same time by keeping some trusty snacks in your bag.
- Tablet. We want to see you tweeting, posting, and blogging about Lead365 National Conference. They are also great for taking notes and photos during the conference!
- Credit Card/Cash. If you want to buy a presenters book or run to the hotel store and get a snack.
- Business/Contact Card. After you meet someone and want to swap cards. Don’t forget to follow up!
- Elevator Pitch. The undeniably great thing about our conference is that you get to meet the speakers and practitioners first hand! Have a 30 second elevator pitch to introduce yourself when asked. You never know who you are going to meet.
The Details: What to Pack
- Rain Jacket/Umbrella. This is still hurricane season in Florida, so be prepared for rain!
- Warm Weather Clothing.
- The average high temperature for this time of year is 78.5 F, the average low temperature is 57.5 F
- Sweater. The hotel will be air conditioned and the temperature outside drops at night; so don’t get chilly!
- Credit Card/Cash. It’s always great to pick up mementos for everyone who didn’t attend!
- Business/Business Clothing. For the conference! See above.
- Phone Charger. Don’t let the phone die!
- Anything else you need to make your experience in Florida comfortable and enjoyable!